The Factions plugin for the Bukkit Modding API allows a server community to create factions. Factions are able to claim territory, forge alliances, and declare war on other nations via server commands.
As a faction server, the Factions plugin has been an integral part of Goose's server since its founding in early 2011, although several temporary maps have been used between Bukkit updates.
List of commandsEdit
While in-game, console commands require the prefix /f to all commands.
- /f help - Displays a list of common commands.
- /f list - Displays a list of factions in a greatest-to-least format.
- /f show [faction] - Displays detailed information on a specific faction.
- /f map [on|off] - Displays an ASCII-style map of chunks and who owns them. If the [on|off] parameter is included, an updated map will render periodically.
- /f power [faction] - Displays the power of your faction. If the [faction] parameter is included, a specified faction's power is shown.
- /f join [faction] - Join a specified faction.
- /f leave - Leave your own faction.
- /f chat - Cycles between general chat, alliance chat, and faction chat.
- /f home - Teleport to your faction home. This command is currently disabled.
- /f create [faction] - Create a new faction.
- /f desc [description] - Change your faction's description.
- /f tag [tag] - Change your faction's tag.
- /f [open|close] - Toggle whether your faction is public or invite-only.
- /f invite [player] - Invite a player to your faction.
- /f deinvite - Remove a player's invitation to your faction.
- /f sethome - Set your faction home.
- /f claim - Claim the chunk you are standing in.
- /f unclaim - Unclaim the chunk you are standing in.
- /f owner [player] - Set or remove ownership of the chunk you are standing in. If the [player] parameter is not included, the chunk's ownership will be cleared.
- /f ownership - Display a list of players that currently own the chunk you are standing in.
- /f kick [player] - Kicks a specified player from your faction.
- /f mod [player] - Grant or revoke moderator rights to a specified player.
- /f admin [player] - Grant your admin rights to a specified player.
- /f title [player] - Title a specified player.
- /f noboom - Enable or disable explosions in your faction's territory.
- /f ally [faction] - Ally with a specified faction.
- /f neutral [faction] - Become neutral with a specified faction.
- /f enemy [faction] - Declare war with a specified faction.
- /f disband [faction] - Disband a specified faction. If the [faction] parameter is not included, your own faction will be disbanded.
Server exclusive commandsEdit
- /f safeclaim [radius] - Claim land for a safe zone.
- /f autosafe [on|off] - Automatically claim land for a safe zone.
- /f safeunclaimall - Unclaim all safe zones.
- /f warclaim [radius] - Claim land for a war zone.
- /f autoclaim [on|off] - Automatically claim land for a war zone.
- /f warunclaimall - Unclaim all war zones.
- /f peaceful [faction] - Toggle a specified faction's peaceful status.
- /f bypass - Toggle admin bypass mode to modify land regardless of restrictions.
- /f lock [on|off] - Lock all disk writing.
- /f saveall - Write all factions to disk.
- /f reload [file] - Reload all data from disk. If the [file] parameter is included, specified files can be loaded.
- /f config [setting] [file] - Change any setting in conf.json immediately.
- /f version - Displays what version of Factions is in use.
Server admins can create safe zones that cannot be claimed or modified by other players. Additionally, PvP is disabled, as well as mob-based damage. The spawnpoint is usually covered by these such zones.
Server admins can also create war zones, which are usually used for server events and the spawnpoint. However, PvP is enabled, as well as mob damages. However, war zones cannot be modified by players.
- Depending on your alliance, other faction names will appear in special text. Your own faction will appear in green, allied factions will be highlighted in purple, neutral factions are white, and enemy factions will be shown in red text.
- Server administrators can set special factions to a peaceful status, in which the specified faction cannot participate in PvP, claim other faction land, or be considered an ally of any faction. However, peaceful factions are immune to PvP or hostile land claims. This function is currently disabled.